CD: Hamilton County, Ohio Burial Records, Volume 1-9
CD: Hamilton County, Ohio Burial Records, Volume 1-9 - Hamilton County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society. The Society has undertaken the giant task of copying existing records, reading gravestones and searching for burial records from unpublished sources. These 9 volumes are part of that gigantic task and include almost all known cemeteries in Cincinnati and various townships in Hamilton County, Ohio. The data provides documentation for burials of pioneer settlers and their descendants. Included are a large number of names from records that do not have grave markers. Many volumes include plats of the various cemeteries or sections within larger cemeteries. Notations of military service were included where known. Entries may include all or some of the following: first and last names of the deceased, place and date of birth, age, place and date of death, date of interment, marital status and names of kindred. Row and/or section and lot are given when available. Many volumes give a brief history of the cemeteries listed and most volumes provide indexes. Each volume includes a list of standard abbreviations and their meaning, as used to record information about burials. A major collection of burial records.
* Vol. 1: Wesleyan Cemetery 1842-1971 (1984)
* Vol. 2: Anderson Township Cemeteries 1800-1989 (1990)
* Vol. 3: Vine Street Hill Cemetery 1852-1977 (1991)
* Vol. 4: Miami Township (Primarily Maple Grove) (1993)
* Vol. 5: Crosby and Whitewater Township Cemeteries (1993)
* Vol. 6: Colerain Township Cemeteries (1994)
* Vol. 7: Springfield Township Cemeteries (1994)
* Vol. 8: Sycamore Township Cemeteries (1994)
* Vol. 9: Union Baptist African American Cemetery
(1997) CD, Graphic Images, Adobe Acrobat, v5, PC and Mac, indices, 3281 pp.
101-CD2316 ISBN: 0788423169