A History of Turner, Maine
W. R. French
The town of Turner lies on the left bank of the Androscoggin River. It is bounded by Auburn to the south and the town of Minot. Leeds and Greene are adjoining towns on the right bank of the river. Originally in Cumberland and then Oxford in 1812 it helped to form Androscoggin County.
The township was originally granted to the heirs and assigns of Captain Joseph Sylvester and his company for military service rendered in the invasion of Canada under Sir William Phipps in 1690.
1887, (1986), 340 pp.