Death Records of Alleghany County, Virginia and Nearby Counties.
Death Records of Alleghany County, Virginia and Nearby Counties. Virginia E. Smith.This publication contains a wealth of information including:
- Deaths from a variety of sources
- The newspaper Alleghany Tribune, years 11 July 1879 to 1883
- The newspaper Clifton Forge & Iron Gate Review, 11 April 1890 to 25 August 1893
- Records from the Alleghany Court. From pages of Several books, several that found were not complete. Also from Coroner Records in Alleghany Court.
- Records taken from the newspaper Alleghany Sentinel, 11 July 1890 to 17 October 1890.
- Records taken from the newspaper Clifton Forge Review, 1. September 1893 to 19 February 1897.
- Mortality records for the year 1850 from the State Archives. These were taken at the same time as the census. All Records dated July through December are for the year before the census. Since most of the census were taken in June and July of the year of census. This is true of each set of Mortality records.
- Mortality records for the year 1860.
- Mortality records for the year 1870.
- Mortality records for the year 1880.
- Death records of Alleghany County people found in Botetourt County Records.
2004, 10 1/2 x 8 1/2, iv, 187 pages.