Map Guide to German Parish Registers, Volume 6 – Württemberg II – Neckarkreis & Hohenzollern Province
This volume, listing 1,282 places, was principally written to help family historians resolve where their family may have gone to church – and left vital records behind that may be seen today (many available on Family History Library microfilm). This is the sixth of a series covering all of Germany. The series is still in process. Note that Württemberg in its entirety is covered in four volumes. Even the smallest places are listed in this series – some with as little population as one person! These places are as of about 1870. If the place existed prior to that date, it will most likely be listed. If the place was named after that date, the chances drop.
Each volume of the series does the following:
- Identifies the parish where an ancestor worshipped based on where they lived.
- Gives the FHL microfilm number for the family's parish records.
- Identifies nearly every city, town, and place that included residents.
- Visually identifies church parishes for Lutherans & Catholics in each district.
- Identifies adjoining parishes in case an ancestor attended an alternate parish.
- Aids in area searches, particularly across district or regional borders.
- Provides visual identification of search areas in which to look for a family.
- Helps in determining proximity of one area to another.
- Aids in determining reasonable distances of travel from one area to another.
- Identifies population centers in each parish.
- Identifies archives, repositories, and other resources.
- Aids in identification of the location of minority religions.
There are four volumes that cover all of Württemberg. Volume 5 covers Jagskreis; Volume 6 covers Neckarkreis and Hohenzollern Province; Volume 7 covers Schwarzwaldkreis; and Volume 8 covers Donaukreis. Each volume of the Württemberg series of four books includes a master index to all four.
2004, paper, 211 pp