Minutes of the Vestry of St. Helena's Parish, South Carolina, 1726-1812
Alexander S. Salley, Jr.
St. Helena's parish was established in 1712 by the General Assembly of South Carolina. It was bounded on the east by St. Helena;s sound and the Combahee River on the north by a line from the head of the Combahee River to the Savannah River and on the south to the ocean. Early parish vestry minutes are extremely important as often times they contain lists of voters, car of widows, orphans and he poor, and apprenticeships for all persons of the parish, which include not only members of the church. These records are very important since they are the only existing records for Beaufort District after 1785.
1919, (2020), paper, 296 pp.