Pulaski County, Georgia History & Biographies
Pulaski County, located in the mid-central portion of the state, was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on December 13, 1808 from a portion of Laurens County. In 1870, Dodge County was partially created from a section of Pulaski County by another legislative act. In 1912, the northwestern half of Pulaski County was used to create Bleckley County via a constitutional amendment approved by Georgia voters. The County was named for Count Casimir Pulaski of Poland who fought and died for United States independence in the American Revolutionary War. The capital of the Creek Nation was in the Pulaski area. The biographical portion of the material was submitted by the families themselves.
“James Franklin Coney, merchant, Hawkinsville, and a young man of fine ability, is the son of Ezekiel Coney. His grandfather, Jeremiah, came from Laurens to Pulaski county, where he passed the remained of his days as a planter. ...etc...”
2002, paper, 32 pp.