Greene County (Ohio), 1803-1908

$27.00
Greene County (Ohio), 1803-1908
 
Austin M. Patterson, Editor.

 
Greene County was created in 1803 from parts of Hamilton and Ross Counties and was subsequently subdivided and reduced to its present size by 1817. It occupies territory which was originally in the Virginia Military Reservation and the Symmes Purchase; land entries began in 1787. This volume was prepared for a homecoming celebration by a committee headed by Patterson. It treats all the usual subjects, and is noteworthy for the large number of illustrations, including both photographs and drawings.

This charmingly illustrated volume contains: Country Bred (A Poem), A Reminiscence, The Old “Female Seminary,” The Dear Old Places (A Poem), The Original People of the County, A Historical Sketch of Greene County, Some of the Men who have made Greene County, Massie’s Creek (A Poem), A Description of the County and its Townships (Bath, Beaver Creek, Caesar’s Creek, Cedarville, Jefferson, Miami [Yellow Springs and Clifton], New Jasper, Ross, Silver Creek, Spring Valley, Sugar Creek, and Xenia [Xenia City]), Greene—the Champion Live-stock County, Antioch College, Cedarville College, The O.S. & S.O. Home, Wilberforce University, Xenia Theological Seminary, Organization of the Greene County Home Coming Association, and Views of Business Houses, etc. A new full-name index has been added.

(1908, 1990), 2022, 5½x8½, paper, index, 244 pp.

ISBN: 9781556133190

101-P3319 - $27.00