South Carolina Union County

Union County was named for the old Union Church. The church was erected in 1765 near the present day town of Union, the county seat. Union County was created as a part of the overarching Ninety-Six District in 1785. It was then part of Pinckney District from 1791 to 1800 and became a county when the Pinckney District was dissolved in 1800. The upper part of the county later went to form Cherokee County in 1897
6 products