Hamilton County, Ohio, Burial Records, Volume 13: First German Protestant Cemetery of Avondale & Martini United Church of Christ Records - Hamilton County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society. In May 1843, the First German Protestant Cemetery Society of Avondale purchased approximately four acres for the creation of their private cemetery in the Village of Avondale. The lots were sixteen square feet each and are numbered from 1-444. This village was incorporated into the City of Cincinnati in 1896.
The record books for this cemetery were written entirely in German, and listed the names of all persons buried there. The Foreword and Constitution of the First German Protestant Cemetery Society have been included in the original German with an English translation. Records contain surname, given name, age, burial date, single grave or lot number, and remarks.
These records are first listed alphabetically by surname, then listed by single grave or lot number. Lot owners are then listed both numerically and alphabetically and include name of owner, date of purchase and remarks. The Martini United Church of Christ was founded in 1851, and the second portion of this work is devoted to burials in their churchyard, with additional listings of burials moved to other sites. Records are grouped by burial place, including: the Martini churchyard, miscellaneous other sites, Spring Grove Cemetery, Vine Street Hill Cemetery, Baltimore Pike Cemetery, and Walnut Hill Cemetery. These records are arranged alphabetically by surname, and include birthplace, date of birth or age, date of death/burial and surviving relatives. These burial sites are nonexistent today. This section is complete with a surname index.
A map of Hamilton County cemeteries, a plat of First German Protestant Cemetery of Avondale, and a plat of Martini Churchyard augment this work.
(2001), 2009, 8½x11, paper, index, 170 pp.
101-H1729 ISBN: 0788417290