Abstracts of the Ledgers and Accounts of the Bush Store and Rock Run Store, 1759-1771


Originally published as Special Publication Number 21 of Harford County Genealogical Society. Bush Store (Bush Town Store, Bush River Store) was located near present day Abingdon at the intersection of Route 7 and 136 in the village of Bush and near the head of Bush River. Rock Run Store was located at present day Lapidum, known at various times as Smith’s Ferry, Bell’s Ferry, and Perkins’s Ferry. It was on the Susquehanna River near the mouth of Rock Run. There are approximately 1200 people in these old accounts. Payments and costs in these ledgers were expressed in English currency.

Henry C. Peden, Jr.

1999, 8½x11, paper, alphabetical, map, 47 pp.

ISBN:  9780788477539