Campbell County, Tennessee Register's Book D 1820-1826

$16.00

Campbell County, located in middle east Tennessee, was created in September 1806 out of Anderson and Claiborne Counties and was named for Colonel Arthur Campbell. Powell's Valley runs through the entire county on the eastern side. Richard Henderson was given 200,000 acres in this valley as a reward for his colonization services. This publication contains indentures for land purchased in Campbell County, Tennessee between 1820-1826. Also included are law-suits brought against delinquent land owners. Each entry contains the date of contract (or suit), name of lender/borrower, date of contract, description of property, and location of property.

(1937), 2024, paper, 116 pp.

ISBN: 9780788490446

101E-TN0551