White County has been a part of Middle Tennessee since 1806. These court minutes reflect the day to day running of the county by the commissioners. They handle the deed transaction, road orders, orphan bondage, and various licenses.
“17 July 1820 - This day William Lisk applied in open court and obtained a license to keep an ordinary a house of entertainment in White County for the full space, and term of one year, and thereupon took oath prescribed by law, and for the faithful duties and performance of the duties imposed on him by law, entered into and acknowledged bond, with Richard Crowder and Russell Johns his security in the sum of One Thousand Dollars conditioned, as the law requires.
Signed: Nicholas Gillentine.”
2000, paper, 55 pp.