This book is a first in a series of books translating the massive and important records of one of pre-Revolutionary America’s most influential Protestant congregations. For such a short time period, the vast amount of entries in these record books point out the fact that the Lancaster Lutheran congregation was the second largest in Pennsylvania. Included are baptisms, burials, marriages, confirmation, communicants, and pew rents. Besides being priceless for genealogical work, these early records also provide an important social history of the time period, place and denomination. This is a wonderful source for information on Pennsylvania Germans, many of whom migrated to Ohio in the 1800’s. This book is a necessity for anyone searching German Lancaster County heritage. It has been translated from German to English. Index.
Debra D. Smith and Frederick S. Weiser, editors
1988, 6 x 9, cloth, 487 pp.