Records of the Tioga Presbyterian Church [Philadelphia, Pennsylvania], January 16, 1859 through April 2, 1905

$10.95

This church was started June 1857, originally named Kenderton Presbyterian Church. It grew out of a combination of conservative and liberal thought called the “New Presbyterianism” (also known as the Second Great Awakening). Kenderton opted to side with those who championed education vs. emotionalism. In 1859, the Kenderton Presbyterian Church merged with the McDowell Presbyterian Church and changed its name to Tioga Presbyterian Church. This publication includes the notes and minutes of this Philadelphia church for the period January 16, 1859 through April 2, 1905. Index.

Oda Katherine Birkett

1991, 8.5" X 11", Softbound, 85 pages

ISBN: 9781558560925

109-072