Claiborne Parish, located in the northwestern side of the state was created in 1828 out of Natchitoches Parish and named for the first governor of Louisiana, William C. C. Claiborne. This parish began in about 1818 when John Murrell settled on Flat Lick Bayou and became the first permanent non-native settlers in the area. This volume contains a brief history of the parish followed by biographical sketches of many of the early settlers in the area.
Southern Publishing Company
(1890), 2016, paper, 105 pp.