The Spanish Abandonment and Reoccupation of East Texas 1773-1779
Herbert E. Bolton
In 1772, the Spanish government decided to give back to nature and the Indians, temporarily at least, all that part of Texas northeast of San Antonio de Bexar and Bahia del Espirtu Santo. The Spanish has occupied this area for nearly 50 years and the settlers that were there became upset at the pull out of their protection. Much of this information is found in heretofore unused material.
8.5"x11", softcover, full name index, reprinted 2005, 74pp