Lutherans in Berks County, Two Centuries of Continuous Organized Church Life, 1723–1923
H. S. Kidd
According to this volume, “Berks County has more Lutherans than the total membership in the United States of anyone of twenty-three of the fifty-two recognized denominations.” This volume preserves the history of the pastors and members who lived in Berks County, Pennsylvania, for over two hundred years and who worshiped in the one hundred Lutheran churches in the county. The pastors themselves contributed the congregational sketches and the book was compiled by a committee appointed by the Reading Conference. Although not a complete history of the time and place, this volume will provide valuable information for genealogists and historians alike. Illustrations of both people and places fill the pages throughout the book. A chronological list of pastors (1701–1923) and an index to places and subjects add to the value of this work.
(1923), 2016, 5½x8½, paper, index, 504 pp