Prince George County was formed in 1703 from the part of Charles City County which lay south of the James River. Brunswick was cut off the southern portion of Prince George in 1720 and Amelia County emerged from Prince George's western holdings in 1734. The final boundary change occurred in 1752 when Dinwiddie County was formed from it. The wills and deeds in this volume are the earliest surviving records.
Benjamin B. Weisiger, III
1973, paper, 219 pp.