St. Mark’s Episcopal Cemetery, Orange, Essex County, New Jersey, (Near the southwest corner of Main Street and Scotland Road, Adjacent to the First Presbyterian Church of Orange). History of the Cemetery; Expanded List of Interments; and Early History of St. Mark’s Church, Revised Edition
Carol Personette Comfort
St. Mark’s Episcopal Cemetery is located adjacent to the historic Old Burying Ground of the First Presbyterian Church of Orange at Main Street and Scotland Road. Recent on-site research and old cemetery maps from teh archives of the Episcopal Diocese of Newark have provided discovery of many previously unrecorded interments at this cemetery. These additions, including some data about the Negro Burial Ground, have now been researched and included in this revised edition. The latest burial found was in 1955 and the cemetery is now inactive. The list of internments is listed alphabetically by last name and includes dates, ages, marriage information, children, inscriptions, Civil War service, personal news items and relevant census information. Many of these persons were descendants of the oldest families of Orange and many were employed in the thriving hat industry. There are photographs, a history and map details of the cemetery. Also included are photos of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church including details of the plaques and stained glass windows. This church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
2008, 5½x8½, paper, 332 pp.